- Former Director of MCTC, Ms. Mazal Renford, lecturing on the topic of Income Generation.Check out our photo gallery!
- MCTC Director Ms. Hava Karrie with participants in a course on entrepreneurship and innovationClick to learn more about MCTC's activities!
Shalom Alumni! We want to hear from YOU!
29th International Women Leaders' Conference
Promoting Gender Equality through Economic Empowerment: Implementing the Post-2015 Development Agenda
October 25-30, 2015
Haifa and Jerusalem
ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT • LEADERSHIP • EDUCATION • ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The 2015 International Conference for Women Leaders is the first conference to take place after the United Nations' Summit for the adoption of the post-2015 development agenda; it will address the measurable targets and indicators needed to be developed in order to promote economic growth and employment. Building on the outcomes of the September 2015 UN Summit, Post-2015 Development Agenda, this conference seeks to provide a platform for policy makers to identify innovative approaches for economic growth while strengthening the global network of women leaders.
In order to obtain our objectives, participants will deliberate on:
• Lessons learned from MDGs and national perspectives for sustainable economic growth
• Good practices in promoting economic development; practical policy recommendations
• Examining critical issues: Financing, Data, and Measurement
• Promoting economic empowerment through gender sensitive entrepreneurship
• Unpaid care and the effect on women’s opportunities
The Conference’s keynote speaker will be the Hon. Ambassador Amina Mohammed, UN Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on Post-2015 Development Planning. The first days of the Conference will be hosted in Haifa, located in northern Israel. These days will focus on panel discussions, professional study visits, working groups, conclusions, and recommendations of all sessions, to be summarized by a declaration stating concrete steps to be taken.
The venue for the conference is The Golda Meir Mount Carmel International Training Center (MCTC). On its last two days the conference will take place in Jerusalem, with meetings and visits to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Israeli Parliament (“Knesset”), and the Residence of the President of Israel.
CEO, Intel Israel,
Ms. Kristin Hetle